by The Culinistas
We love a no-fuss fancy dessert moment (ready in 20 minutes?! Don’t mind if we do!) and that’s exactly what our Chocolate Pudding accomplishes. The fact that it also makes us nostalgic for our childhood is an added bonus — no plastic cups needed.
But wait, there’s more. We make it healthy by slipping in avocado & extra fancy with a dose of urfa dusted pecans. If you’re feeling spicy, add a dash of cayenne.
– Use only ripe avocados to make the pudding. If the only avocados available are rock hard, store with a banana in a brown paper bag in a dark & dry place. The ethylene gas released from the banana will speed up the avocado ripening process to 1-2 days.
– If you have vanilla extract, add a little to the pudding. Or, if you like spicy, add a little cayenne.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Serves 4 to 6
1 cup pecans
1 cup agave nectar, divided
¼ cup olive oil, divided
½ tsp urfa
1½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
2 ripe avocados
Salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. In a medium bowl, mix pecans, ¼ cup agave, 2 TB olive oil, urfa & salt. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet; bake until golden brown, 10-12 mins.
3. While still hot, transfer the pecans to a mixing bowl & toss with ½ cup cocoa powder, until each pecan is fully coated. Let cool completely.
4. In a food processor, blend avocado, remaining 1 cup cocoa powder, remaining ¾ cup agave & remaining 2 TB oil. Adjust consistency with 2-3 TB water if the pudding is too thick. Season with salt.
5. Serve in bowls & garnish with cocoa pecans.
Urfa is a chef’s secret. Check out our eComm shop to purchase our favorite brand.1