by The Culinistas
Been squirreling away your squash for the perfect use? Prepped in under 15 minutes, our vegan Butternut Soup is a deliciously creamy and delightfully vibrant autumnal delight that’s free of all things gluten and dairy.
This chilly day dish packs in all of our favorite in season veggies (hello, butternut squash, apple, and ginger) and pairs them with some perfectly potent spices. Garnished with roasted thyme, this colorful soup is a great option for a cozy couch-bound Friday night.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 50 mins
Serves 4 to 6
– Cut butternut squash in half. Then, roast each squash half with the skin-side lying flat on your baking sheet. If you’re short on time, scrape out the inside of your squash before roasting.
– Ginger flavor should be distinguishable & brighten the color of the soup.
1 butternut squash, peeled, cored, cubed
1 apple, cubed
1 TB ginger, peeled & grated
4 thyme sprigs
½ tsp cayenne
1 tsp onion powder
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup apple juice
Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large oven safe pan, toss squash, apple, ginger, thyme sprigs, cayenne, onion powder & oil. Roast until squash is soft, 30-40 mins. Remove sprigs & let squash cool slightly.
- In a high speed blender, blend squash mixture with apple juice & ½ cup water.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat soup, 5-10 mins.
- Transfer to soup bowls & garnish with roasted thyme.
Cayenne & Onion Powder are a chef’s secret weapons. Check out our eComm shop to purchase our favorite brand.