by The Culinistas
These days everyone could use a little sweetness in their lives — even GOOP agrees. That’s why we’re sharing our could-eat-the-whole-pan-in-one-sitting Brown Butter Pecan Blondie recipe with you, made with coconut sugar and plenty of pecans. Drop a few on a neighbor’s doorstep to sweeten up their day as well.
If an 8×8 baking dish is not available, bake the blondies in the most appropriate vessel you can find & adjust cooking time accordingly (ie, more time for a taller, narrower vessel like a loaf pan and lower and longer for a muffin tin or a larger baking dish. An 8” or 10” pie plate would be about the same bake time). A little pinch of cinnamon would be a nice addition if you want to lean hard into those hygge vibes. Try adding golden raisins and shredded coconut for a nod to seven layer bars.
Brown Butter Pecan Blondies
Serves 9 to 12
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups all purpose flour
1½ tsp salt
1¾ cups coconut sugar
2 eggs, whisked
1 cup pecans, roasted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium pan over low heat, heat butter until fully caramelized to a dark brown color, about 5-6 mins. Continuously whisk the butter so it does not burn. Transfer the brown butter to a large mixing bowl & cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour & salt. Set aside for later.
- Add the sugar to the cooled brown butter & mix until combined. Add eggs one at a time & mix until combined.
- Mix the flour & salt mixture into the wet mixture. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer the blondie mixture to a greased 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Bake until the center is cooked through, 25-30 mins. Let the blondies completely cool before cutting & storing.