by The Culinistas
Not that it’s ever not brunch season around here, but as the weather gets warmer we find ourselves leaning in and passing the Champagne. To balance things out we’re packing this frittata with plenty of kale and spinach, as well as fresh basil and loads of spices, making this dish a brunch staple your summer bod says you can serve on repeat.
Whether you purchased too many eggs in prep for Easter or are looking for a new way to get your greens in, this Mini Power Green Egg White Frittata gives you the pure energy you’ll need for planting a few garden bulbs or pushing the stroller around the park.
– If you’d prefer to personalize this dish, pour the mixture into a muffin tin for individual frittatas that are perfect for a grab-n-go breakfast. Use foil muffin liners for easy clean up.
Mini Power Green Egg White Frittata
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
2 TB olive oil, plus more for greasing
1 bunch Tuscan kale, chopped
½ tsp allspice, ground, divided
1 tsp cumin, ground
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp cayenne
4 cups spinach, chopped
½ cup basil, chopped
18 egg whites
Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add kale, ¼ tsp allspice, cumin, onion powder & cayenne; wilt, 1-2 mins.
3. Add spinach to the pan & sauté until wilted, 1-2 mins. Turn off heat; stir in basil. Let veggies cool completely. Chop to finer consistency. Season with salt & pepper.
4. In a large bowl, whisk egg whites & remaining ¼ tsp allspice. Stir in cooled greens.
5. In a greased muffin tin, add egg mixture & bake until center is set, 10-15 mins.
6. Remove frittatas from muffin tin & serve on a large platter. Garnish with salt & pepper.
Makes one large frittata, or 12 mini frittatas.
Allspice, Cumin, Onion Powder & Cayenne never go out of style. Check out our eComm shop to purchase our favorite brand.