by The Culinistas
This dish is sheer salmon royalty. Simple grilled fish and an herby white bean mash go together like William and Kate. Top it off with a fresh and bright radish salad and you’ve got a dish that’s fit for a queen. Did we mention it’s ready in only 30 mins? That’s less time than it takes to watch an episode of The Crown.
– If there’s a variety of radishes available, buy them for pops of color.
– If you don’t have a grill/grill pan, sear the salmon skin side down in a large pan with oil, 5-7 mins, flip & continue cooking until salmon is cooked medium rare, 5-6 mins.
Grilled Salmon & White Beans
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
¼ cup + 2 TB olive oil, divided
2 (6 oz) salmon fillets, pin bones removed
2 cups cannellini beans, cooked, divided
¼ cup picked tarragon, chopped, divided, plus more for garnish
3 TB meyer lemon juice, divided
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp cumin, ground
¼ tsp cayenne
½ bunch red globe radishes, thinly sliced
1 TB meyer lemon zest
Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Prepare a grill for medium heat.
2. Rub salmon with 2 TB oil; season with salt & pepper to taste. Grill skin side down, 5-7 mins, flip & cook until salmon is cooked medium rare, 5-6 mins.
3. While the salmon is grilling, make the white bean mash: In a medium bowl, mix 2 TB oil, 1 cup beans, 2 TB tarragon, 1 TB lemon juice, onion powder, cumin & cayenne. Mash the mixture with the back of a fork to a chunky consistency; season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, toss remaining 2 TB oil, remaining 1 cup beans, remaining 2 TB tarragon, radishes, remaining 2 TB lemon juice & lemon zest. Season with salt & pepper.
5. On a large serving platter, spoon the white bean mash, place the grilled salmon on top & arrange the radish salad between the salmon fillets. Garnish with tarragon.
Cumin, Onion Powder & Cayenne never go out of style. Check out our eComm shop to purchase our favorite brand.