by The Culinistas
Hey there all you avid Hamptons-goers. We see you with your August freckles and blueberry stained lips. Before it’s time to take the Jitney back to the UES, we know you’re going to want to get in on this summer special: our Sea Bass with Chili Corn.
Blistered corn and wilted dandelion greens take us back to beach days in the sun, while steamed sea bass evokes those cool nights by the water. The whole dish is one big picnic on a plate and we’re going back for seconds just to keep the party going.
Sea Bass with Chili Corn
– Consider steaming the sea bass with the sauce while the sauce simmers.
– Or, if you’d like to eat the fish with the skin on, sear in a sauté pan skin side down, 3-5 mins. Flip & sear another 3-5 mins.
– If you don’t have a box grater for the corn, shave & mince the corn on a cutting board or shave & pulse the kernels in a blender/food processor.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
2 ears corn, divided
¼ cup + 2 TB olive oil, divided
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 TB urfa, plus more for garnish
1 bunch dandelion greens, chopped
¼ cup chives, minced, plus more for garnish
3 TB lemon juice
1 TB lemon zest
2 (6 oz) sea bass fillets, skin & pin bones removed
Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. Shave kernels from 1 ear of corn. In a heavy bottom skillet over high heat, add corn; blister slightly, 4-5 mins.
3. Adjust heat to medium & add 2 TB oil. Add garlic & urfa; sweat, 2-3 mins.
4. Using a box grater, grate the remaining ear of corn on the coarsest side. Add to the pan with ½ cup water; cook 2-3 mins. Season with salt & pepper.
5. Add dandelion greens & wilt, 2-3 mins. Add chives, lemon juice, zest & 2 TB oil.
6. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, coat sea bass with remaining 2 TB oil, salt & pepper. Roast until the fish is cooked through, 10-15 mins.
7. Transfer corn to a shallow bowl. Place roasted sea bass on top; garnish with urfa & chives.
Urfa is a chef’s secret. Check out our eComm shop to purchase our favorite brand.