by The Culinistas
Wondering what to whip up on your appetizer tray this holiday season? This creative canapé filled with whipped goat cheese is sure to have your guests frothing. Prepped in under 5 minutes, our Fig Pochette pairs the tender, honey-like sweetness of a ripe or dried fig with salty cured meat for a flavor explosion of the mouth that is best broken down with bubbles.
Using MISI NYC’s iconic ricotta squiggle as inspiration, load up a pastry bag with creamy goat cheese and make waves while squeezing it onto an open-faced fig. Nestle in a blanket of bresaola and call it a pochette.
– Whip goat cheese with a dash of milk or water to make filling the fig easier.
– Consider using a piping bag or squeeze bottle to fill the fig with goat cheese.
8 oz fig, mixed variety
4 oz goat cheese
4 oz bresaola, thinly sliced
1. Score a whole fig in half widthwise.
2. Wrap in bresaola and secure with a toothpick.
3. Using a piping bag or squeeze bottle, top the fig with a goat cheese squiggle. (Note: Whip goat cheese with a dash of milk or water to make filling the fig easier.)